Friday, April 25, 2008

spoke to soon.....

About an hour after I made that post I was so sick! So hard to be sick when hubby is not home to help. After I put the kids down to bed I just laid on the couch. I feel good today though.

I have been in the kitchen all morning. I put a beef stew in the crockpot for dinner. Then it was time to get lunch started! I did a load of laundry and cleaned the upstairs bathrooms (3). All I have left to do is a load of towels and vacuum the upstairs.

I am a perfectionist. I think I have mentioned that before. I need my house in order, chores done (so to speak :) ) before I can do other things, such as scrapbook. The problem is this. Our house in california had so much storage. Here not so much. So it is more cluttered than I like. We have added another baby and the baby in California that was too small to make messes is now 3. Just having 11 people in a house makes for messes. My selfworth is tied up in my house's appearance. I was always complimented on how clean and tidy my house was. I am not able to keep this house at that same standard. SO everyday I beat myself up over and over. I know it is fairly clean. But my walls are a mess. Matte finish paint is not for people with small children. I can't figure out why all the houses in Georgia seem to have this paint. You can't wipe tem down. I don't have time to wash windows, clean baseboards, blinds. I really need to get over this. I want to enjoy my days, have fun with kids. Not feel like I always have to be cleaning something!

I think I burned myself out on taking pictures. Making myself take a picture a day took some of the fun out of it for me. So I have hardly picked up my camera since March. But I am starting to want to take pictures again. Learn more. Play with settings. Have more control over the finished shot. But maybe not everyday.

I hope you have a great day!

No comments: