Tuesday, January 1, 2008

my word of the year

I have been thinking about this and praying about this and my word for the year is "joy". We have had a rough year and I have at times let it get me down. So this year I will focus on the joy that comes from the Lord. I think this will make a great bible study.

If you are wondering why I am picking a word for the year. Read more on Ali Edwards blog.

Hbr 12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

joy - we have so much to be joyful about and yet we (well, at least me) seem to focus on the temporary. I know I could certainly stand to be more joyful on a daily basis. :) Great word choice for the year!

Jenny said...

I like your word of the year Joy does sounds so good. I didn't know other people did that. Every year my dh and I have a new word. This year my dh prayed and the word for us this year is prosperity.